225 W. Washington Street
Chicago, IL 60606
Marc J. Chalfen has been practicing law since 1977, with an emphasis on civil litigation. Mr. Chalfen advises and provides representation to business entities, financial institutions, and individuals. Mr. Chalfen renders legal services to business entities in the areas of contracts, buy-sell agreements, lease matters, and creditors' rights, including in bankruptcy. He represents financial institutions in real estate - related litigation, commercial foreclosures, workouts, note and guaranty matters, collections of secured and unsecured loans, and bankruptcy. He has previously extensively represented the FDIC and RTC. Mr. Chalfen's representation of individuals has included general personal and business-related advice and litigation, purchases or sales of businesses, and probate or estate planning matters. Mr. Chalfen served as a Law Clerk for a Judge in the U.S. District Court, N.D. Ill., prior to graduating from law school, and has argued appeals, including before the Supreme Court of Illinois. His interests include current events, travel, sports, and golf.
- Illinois Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- Licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States
- Chicago Bar Association
- Union League Club of Chicago
- JD, Washington University, 1976
- Associate Editor, Urban Law Annual
- BA, Economics, magna cum laude with distinction, University of Illinois, 1973
333 W. Wacker Drive, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60606-1288
© Copyright 2021, Kelly, Olson, Michod, DeHaan, & Richter, LLC. All Rights Reserved.